Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose LearntobeHealthy?
LearntobeHealthy has everything you need to easily implement health education in your classroom. Our collection of online kits includes digital health education activities with accompanying lesson plans, supplemental worksheets, typeable PDFs, and pre and posttests. All materials can be used in the classroom, or anywhere your teaching is taking place. LTBH will integrate with your school’s LMS and includes documents in Spanish too. What are you waiting for? Sign up for a LearntobeHealthy membership to access our compressive health curriculum
What does a membership include?
A LearntobeHealthy membership includes teacher and student licenses to access a personalized, interactive Health Log and all 12 of our eLearning Kits. Each kit includes 9 to 17 related activities that have accompanying lesson plans, answer keys and supplementary materials. The activities also provide the opportunity to incorporate cross-curricular assignments in science, math, and writing.
Health Topics include:
- Tobacco and Inhalents
- The Five Senses
- Mental Health
- Nutrition and Fitness
- Dental Health
|Dental Health||Decay? No way!|
|The Five Senses||SenseAble Me|
|Mental Health||“Seaing” Me for Me|
|The Power of Me|
|Life on Demand|
|Face the Music|
|Nutrition & Fitness||Fueling My Special Body|
|Food & Fitness Field Day|
|Fuel Your Performance|
|What's Your Balance|
|Tobacco & Inhalants||Huffin' "N" Puffin'|
For more details on Byrnes Health Education Programs, download PDF Byrnes Health Education Center Program Guide.
Why do I need to register with LearntobeHealthy?
Teachers and administrators registering on LearntobeHealthy will create a username and password that will be used to log in each time you visit. The username and password you create will never expire and can be used to purchase other items in the Store as well. You will also be included on our mailing list to keep you up to date on what’s new.
What is the cost to join?
The minimum membership is $300 for 50 accounts for 1 year. Additional accounts can be purchased in our store. Payments can be made by PO, however full payment must be received prior to membership activation. For immediate access, you can complete your checkout in our store.
What do these icons mean?
Standards are used to develop curriculum and assessments that will meet the needs of your students. They define the content for instruction that will result in measurable knowledge and skill gains for all students. At LearntobeHealthy, we have mapped all of our activities to your state’s standards via a third-party company. To access each activity’s standards, open the Lesson Plan and scroll down to Educational Standards. Select the link provided to see how the activity aligns with your state standards.
Each activity on LearntobeHealthy.org provides the opportunity to incorporate cross-curricular assignments in science, math, and writing. Have fun exploring our cross curricular activities! To access each activity’s cross curricular standards, open the Lesson Plan and scroll down to Educational Standards. Select the link provided to see how the activity aligns with your state standards.
LearntobeHealthy.org has everything needed to implement health education in the classroom. Teachers can use a single activity or incorporate as many as they'd like into their instruction. We encourage teachers to use the activities for independent student work, in-class games and activities, work with partners or small groups to encourage collaborative learning, and as assignments to be completed at home. We also have a Family Practice Handout for each activity to encourage healthy habits with students’ families.
LearntobeHealthy houses a collection of education kits which include web-based health science activities and accompanying lesson plans. Each kit contains a variety of media and educational modalities tied to specific learning objectives and standards. Currently, the kit topics include adolescence, nutrition, physical activity, dental health, the five senses, tobacco and inhalants, and mental health.
LearntobeHealthy offers all eLearning kit PDF files in both English and Spanish. The activities can be utilized in the classroom, at health education centers, community organizations and at home.
LearntobeHealthy has its very own internal Learning Management System with an educator dashboard for tracking student logins and progress. Access student reports from pre and posttests, as well as all activity scores achieved. The LMS is also used to customize curriculum to meet individual needs. Teachers can have students log into LearntobeHealthy from their own school's LTI-compliant LMS such as Moodle or Blackboard.
LearntobeHealthy maps to all 50 state standards for six subjects; Health/Physical Education, Science, Technology, Library and Language Arts. LearntobeHealthy maps to Health and Physical Education in Alberta, British Columbia and Ontario Provinces.
Journaling is a great way to positively impact our physical and mental well-being. The interactive Health Log on LearntobeHealthy allows users to track daily food and beverages, minutes of physical activity, and mood. The resources provided in the Health Log identify food groups and serving sizes, and well as types of physical activity you can track. Go ahead and start tracking today!
"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease." – Thomas Jefferson
• Computer with direct internet connection via Ethernet cable, no Wi-Fi • Projector connected to computer to project video feed onto a screen big enough for all students to see • Webcam and microphone connected to computer so that our educators can see and hear your students • Speakers connected to your computer with audio loud enough so that you can hear our educator & video feed
How do I join?
- Click on the link below to become a member and begin exploring the exciting, online activities found on LearntobeHealthy.org. Join Now!
- Not sure yet? Check out our online tour.
What does each online kit include?
- Each online kit includes 9 to 17 related activities that have accompanying lesson plans, answer keys and supplementary materials. The activities also provide the opportunity to incorporate cross-curricular assignments in science, math, and writing.
- Lesson plans are standards-based with objectives included, and are formatted around the Madeline Hunter Essential Elements Model in order to address the diverse learning styles of all students.
- A pretest and posttest are also included in each online kit. These tests can be used in a paper/pencil format or as indicated in the lesson plan. Please note: The pretests and posttests are based on the assumption that students will be using all activities in a kit.
- Documents are available in Spanish.
How do I incorporate LearntobeHealthy.org into my classroom?
- The activities found in each online kit can be used to introduce and/or reinforce concepts taught. There are a variety of delivery methods (teacher-led, individual, large group and/or small group) suggested for use within each lesson plan, and can vary depending upon how you want to meet your curriculum needs.
- Teachers can use a single activity or incorporate as many activities as they'd like into their instruction. Educators are not limited to the parameters of the lesson plan, and we encourage teachers to use a variety of strategies when incorporating the kits into their classroom. For example, the activities can be used for homework assignments, in-class games, note-taking (screen shots can be printed for this purpose), work with partners and small groups to encourage collaborative learning, and as cross-curricular assignments.
If you have questions not addressed in this FAQ, please submit your question to firstname.lastname@example.org.